Arranged Marriage - Centuries old Bullshit!!!

Yes.Those 2 brutal,stupid,fucked-up yeah call it whatever you want.Not long from now ill be sucked into the trap too. You heard me trap. The god damned trap.Pray not though.
God knows how many young lives it's taken and how many lives are destined to be broken up in the lawyers best act-of-play DIVORCE.
Yeah I mean how cool is that?

  • Look at it from a guys view-
He gets into college... cant have a girlfriend cuz his culture is too backward ( morally strict ) or someshit like that.He literally fucks his own head getting a job.Oh and he has to be an engineer or a doctor. Not just any Dr. As a prefix to his name. He cant cure animals or the unstable. MBA's beat these two dudes anyway. By then prospective girls are arranged for. Earlier it was some bald headed guy going around houses with an umbrella to arrange between both parties. To this day I fail to understand how,I repeat HOW on Gods name on Earth can anybody let a ****ing broker decide which partner looks / is / good for them?And then came the Ads in the paper and later much later,very recent though came sites like shaddi.com.(Getting tech savy aye?)And you got to choose one with a name even Velli amachi(grand-mum) can pronounce. Not some weird old name from the evil-west.
Pray tell me I fail to understand the traditional logic behind this. Or give me names on who's fantastic idea this is. I WANT NAMES DAMMIT!!!
  • Girls point of view-
Girls go to college,studies, she cant talk to a guy/ cant get to know him / cant remain friends with him. Why? "What will the people think?" Of course what will they think? I mean you choose what you do/ wear / eat / talk on the basis of what will the people think? They cant dress in what they desire to .... only because "Aalkaar Endho Chindhikum?" (that's "What will people think?" in English) And all of this pays of at the time when you are 21-22. That's right girls are "married off" (sounds like sold off to me) at that age. Their parents talk with the other concerned party( they look for NRI's first) and arrange a meeting. I really don't know whether they get a kick out of sending their girl child off to a bloody firang's house.You guys know the scenario. Girl comes in silk-clad saree and offers Cuppa of chai etc etcetera the families talk the couple are allowed to talk .Yes that's when they actually get to know each other. Their first 15 sec of fame.

If all goes well.( It rarely doesn't and you don't have a choice do you? I mean they raised you for 22 years and you cant exactly say NO to them can you? And all the other crap people say) They are engaged and then married off and tied to a bed of roses (ironic isn't it? You share your bed of roses to your married partner who barely knows what you drink early morn') Even if you even think about uttering "love marriage" (pronounced louve) your shot in the head saying your a disgrace to the Khandan.

  • Results in 7/10 cases.

And then she realizes that HE isn't meant for her and vice-versa. And HE realizes that SHE cant cook for the little mercies of the universe
etc etcetera. All after you lose your virginity to a complete nincumpoop loser of the first order.Who might invariably give you HIV or VD's who knows?

Or worse you could go on living with this "character of a kind" have kids. Possibly cheat on them. Applies for women too.(No I am not a chauvinist contrary to popular belief) And then file for divorce + mess up the kids life by fighting over who gets the car/house/pool table/arm chair ..........oh and the kid.

I find it amusing if not disgusting over the strict code that the youth can't fall in love before marriage. In India its strictly forbiddenThe same place where the art of sex originated. The same place that boasts about kamasutra in their culture.(different religions aside) So its perfectly normal to do all these but YOU CANNOT FALL IN LOVE BEFORE MARRIAGE. Stupid ? I think not? Bloody Absurd man!!!

Shaddi.com anyone?

thanks for giving me the chance to meet some wonderful men thru your service. I've learned a lot about myself and others thru your services.I met my first and second husband both on shadii.com.Now im trying for my third.
Member - This is a text from the site shadii.com
Bet you got to know a lot of guys who weren't exactly the prince ya'll were looking for eh? Or my personal fav- 'I like variety.'

Am sorry for the use of language. I was compelled to . Couldn't take it on anymore. Post a comment. I want to see how many are for and against this thing. Don't explain just pen down if your against or for it.


23 comments:

Oscar Varghese said...

* [My parents had a Self-Arranged marriage mind you! Acc to my mom that is. So don't try to talk me out of it saying "Look your folks............]

Oscar Varghese said...

What i've written does not constitute 100% of the population. Mebbe just a meagre 35% of them.
But then again 99% of the statistics are made up.

Anonymous said...

against.

Oscar Varghese said...

Wow the anonymous visitor finally commented on something good and did not leave his stupid -idiotic messages behind.

Nice.... Real Nice.
An improvement ill say.

Anonymous said...

stop being so pompous mutilated zombie....i bet u ventedout ur anger in the article coz' even ur girlfriend's not from ur caste...etc etc...and an arrange marriage is definitely out of the Q.... Nevertheless, i am against arranged marriages too coz, i cant lose my virginity to some one i barely know

virtualchameleon said...

My parents told me that they would never arrange a marriage for both me and my sister coz then you cant blame them if it ends in a divorce.


Btw the kamasutra is the art of love NOT art of sex(there's a difference)

Oscar Varghese said...

What? When did i say kamasutra is the art of sex? I said that in two diff lines.Didn't I? Isn't it separated by a fullstop?

Of course i did. See those are two diff sentences.Apart from these... how is the article written? Better? Or still in the dumps?

Oscar Varghese said...

Queenie... stop commenting as karen.Please stop.

Wheres christine. Oh yeah I remember she's got exams. I dont .

Muhahahahaha. Hahaha,hahha ahemm heheh.
ha ha. Ehhh.
[ahem].

virtualchameleon said...

oh thats queenie. i was wondering who that was

Oscar Varghese said...

yeah....
check THE mail.

virtualchameleon said...

And i hate that word verification.Last comment i got something like hakkadakka

Oscar Varghese said...

Yes man .... i understand.... .Its all a piece of shit. I will never. I repeat never let them do this to me.

Oh and the other day someone told my mum that they saw me with a girl and my mum was like yeah a shame isn't it?

Look at the kids now a days. Cant even hang out together.

WiseDonkay said...

Lol time for me to join the party.......Lol arranged marriages are good if you wanna use ure wife as a tube of toothpaste.......u squeeze all that u can outta of her by the time ure done,shes all wrinkly and empty! LOL

virtualchameleon said...

"Aalkaar Endho Chindhikum"???????????
Please translate for us non-mallus

Christine said...

'aalkar endo chindikum?' is 'what will people think?'
i always thought only girls got that..
equal rights.. i guess

well im not for arranged marriages..
i mean can you imagine me in a sari/salwar kameez carrying a tray with tea and snacks. hah!
for all you know i mite trip n drop it all on the prospective groom n his mom.. lol!

but i have seen a lot of love marriages end up in divorce..
people fall out of love just as easily as they fall into it..

i (personally) want to fall in love,get to know the guy well,see if he gets along with my family and vice versa
becoz as you know each mallu family is uniquely eccentric...


when i do meet THE GUY.. my mom will be the first one to know. my dad can find out later... hehe

Christine said...

oh n SirMZ
IM back.....
5 down. 3 to go.
YOU were supposed to come to college..
i havent seen you in a month..

if i dont see you in college before the 16th it will be my leg on your kundi

htis goes for you too paz

i hate word verification too
my last one was jowca

Oscar Varghese said...

Hmm yea.. well im going to Pune tmrw will be back by sunday.

Will try to come to college.

So christine.... this post was a subtle way of saying "who's the guy?"

yea .... I think i've found the person i want to be with. God help her.

Oscar Varghese said...

Good News and Bad News


Bad News I'm broke so I cant come to college.

Good News- I didnt go to pune cuz i'm broke. And cuz I am pissed of tat im broke.

Anonymous said...

hey i got just one more paper to go. then i shall be FREEEEE for a long time.
BTW the article was ok...umm, good...who am i kiddin...it was downright hilarious.
think its time the constitution came up with some anti-arranged-marriage law...heh?!?!
Btw this is eben....dont ask me why i am commentin like this....its toooo stupid

Oscar Varghese said...

Oh dude ok this is you.... One more exam to go eh? Well you wont be exactly free and happy. Free yes bored even more .

virtualchameleon said...

I thought Eben already registered himself as fair_n_handsome.Why is he posting as anonymous????

Christine said...

exams are over
yeaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! pcm replacement gmc yukon Texas condo with boat slip Vacation home for rent in clearwater fl bt movement ins till life columbia license plate frames